Sunday 15 August 2010

In which I use Glimmer Mist for the First Time!

I bought myself a set of Glimmer Mists that were on sale and when they arrived I couldn't wait to use them all. As you can see, I've not quite grasped the concept of using them lightly and subtley. The mist came out rather more as a deluge, but I guess that's part of the learning process.


Also used the Blended Ink Tutorial that I found on Studio Calico. I think I had rather more success with that than I did with the misting!

I seem to have gone from someone who doesn't stamp to someone who stamps on everything...



And this is what happened when I tried to Mist through a Crafters Workshop template!


Very runny and blobby! Another thing that requires practice. Must go in search of a tutorial!

5 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Laura this is just stunning!
Sue x

susibee said...

I can see why your page took days, it is superb. Love the other one too.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful, really intricate and I think you have done really well with the inks!

Sarah said...

Wow - Laura I love this LO - its great - love all the hand cutting too:)

tracey said...

Came across your site through Chrissy's merly impressions blog whilst trying to get a bit of mojo back lol Love how your LO turned out using the glimmer mists, its so eye catching. I have to say i have never tried Glimmer Mists before but rather tempted now.

from tracey :)