Tuesday 15 June 2010

Twisted Sketches #53

Now I'm back from my hols I can finally get back into doing the Twists each week.

I;m trying to do more layouts at sizes other than the standard 12x12 and I have a shiny new 8x8 album to fill, so here's one in 8x8:

The Twist this week is 'acrylic' so I chose to use bits of acrylic paint.

I'm currently on a crazy stamping / inking kick, so the background paper is an piece of cardstock in a garish blue. At least, it was before I covered it in bits of old ripped up book paper and ink (then some more layers of book and ink). The rest of the papers are all October Afternoon: Thrift Shop, in fact, the paper with the title on used to be bright yellow, but I'm a Crazy Inker!

This is John (and Melman the Midget Giraffe) in Nottingham meeting Robin Hood.

4 comments:

susibee said...

Love the papier mache - it gives a great effect.

Maria said...

This one is really fab - love the cream and black paper - what is it? and I love your bits of text etc, gives it so much character

nancy said...

OMG! this is absolutely incredible! love what you did with your background paper here! you ROCKED this twisted sketch! FABULOUS work! TFS!!!

Star Rork said...

love your lo, the papers you picked work beautifully together.